Sunday, October 25, 2009

Raleigh Trip

This weekend I went to visit one of my oldest friends, Ashley. She is currently in law school at Campbell which recently relocated to downtown Raleigh. It was so wonderful to see her. I haven't seen her since she moved to Raleigh and I was in desperate need of some good old fashion girl time. I drove up after work on Friday (one of the first times I have actually managed to leave the office semi early) and got up there in time for dinner. I met her at her beautiful downtown apartment. She has done an awesome job putting that place together. It has a very young professional feel to it. I instantly feel in love with the place. Maybe she will need a permanent roommate?? We had dinner at a very authentic Mexican restaurant and then meet up with some of the "law school" kids. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. I really enjoyed meeting all of them and secretly wished I was still in school. On Saturday, we went to an event the Junior League was putting on at the convention center. It was called "Shopping Spree" and they had lots of vendors set up selling all sorts of things. I did a little Christmas shopping and Ashley managed to find a couple cute things as well. We had a low key afternoon and cooked dinner in after a long day. I really enjoyed Raleigh and I know that Ashley is really enjoying this chapter of her life. Pretty soon her boyfriend will be moving back to town so I know that will make things even better! I am so excited for them.

I can't believe it is time for another full week-- back to work it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment