Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Start

I am officially becoming a blogger. It has taken some time but I think I am ready to take the step. I have been inspired by many different bloggers and I hope to be able to use this as a way to reflect on where I am in life.
I recently graduated from Appalachian State and have started my journey into the working world. I am currently employed by a local family doctor here in Charlotte. I have come to love the ends and outs of heath care. For those of you who know me well will agree that I was never a doctor person so health care seems a little far fetched. Honestly, I feel into my job and have been trying to learn everything I can as quickly as possible. Between the medical jargon and insurance run around, I am starting to really get a grasp on things. I have the privilege (some days the curse) of being extremely hands on with our patients. In my short time at the office I have celebrate patients remission and mourned bad results. I have encountered every emotion one could think of. I guess I never realized how much happens within a doctors office. People come from so many different walks of life and for so many different reasons.
With the recent swine flu epidemic we have been seeing record numbers of sick visits everyday. I am starting to think that our patients are getting it from our office. Our CNA is currently out of work with it. I have never been so thankful for my glass wall of separation. I have become obsessive about washing my hands and not touching my face.
I will continue to share stories from the office and life as often as I can. Cheers to entering the world of blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment